J’ai trouvé cette petite liste (qui est vraiment très drà´le) sur le net, sur le blog d’une personne qui venait de m’ajouter dans son Twitter list. Et maintenant, je la partage avec vous, voir si vous vous reconnaissez dans ces points:
In the dating world, geeks are often overlooked. However, many geeks
are what you might call a diamond in the rough. Geeks make excellent
boyfriends, girlfriends, and spouses. Although many of these are
generalizations, we’ve found 50 reasons why geeks have a lot to offer
the dating world.
Dating a geek means opening up a whole world of awesome technological abilities.
1. A geek can fix your computer: If you’ve managed to screw
something up on your computer, your geek will be happy to come to your
rescue, and will probably find a solution that will ensure you won’t
have the same problem again.
2. Geeks can make your electonic life easier: Beyond computers, geeks
can fix or improve upon your gadgets, home entertainment system, and
any other electronic needs you have.
3. You’ll have the most awesome home entertainment center ever: Geeks
have great gadgets, so they usually have TVs, DVD players, and
entertainment servers with loads of cool features.
4. You’ll have awesome gadgets: Geeks love to share their passion for
gadgets and geek toys, so you may just get a new smart phone for
5. They can find you good deals: Geeks make for expert online bargain
hunters, so you can always turn to them for help finding the best price
for a big purchase.
Geeks in Love
These are some of the great things you’ll enjoy as the significant other of a geek.
6. Geeks are passionate: A geek is someone that is obsessive or
passionate about the things that interest them, including the person
they are dating.
7. Geeks aren’t cheaters: Your geek will be passionate about you, and
tend to stay loyal. They’re also usually not socially adept enough to
carry on an affair, anyway.
8. Geeks are attentive: If you want someone who will dote on you and
make sure that you’re always happy, a geek just might be able to give
9. They have the patience of a saint: If your geek can spend hours and
days writing lines of code, playing games, or mastering equations, they
have the patience to wait or work for just about anything.
10. It’s easy to do your research: It’s almost always easy to find your
geek on Google, so you can find out about all about them online.
11. Your geek won’t be a jerk in public: Geeks tend to be quiet, not loud and annoying.
12. A geek will actually call: Most geeks don’t understand how to be manipulative, so when they say they’ll call, they will.
13. Geeks care more about happiness than traditional status: Geeks
weren’t the cool kids in school, often choosing academics over sports
and other activities that would make them popular. That means that they
can resist the desire to look good for others, and choose your
14. Geeks have good sex: Geeks are passionate about nearly everything
they do, including sex. That means that geeks make very attentive
lovers who work to make sure you’re pleased.
15. It’s easy to make them happy: Geeks are often very simple creatures
with transparent desires. You can often brighten their day just by
bringing them a new geek toy or showing interest in their favorite new
16. Geeks are not hard to find: Let’s face it, there are lots of geeks
out there and not a lot of demand for them, so they are ripe for the
picking. Better yet, they’re all over the Internet and easy to find on
17. They’ll support your passions: Geeks are passionate, so they
understand when you obsess over a new hobby or business venture.
18. Geeks enjoy creativity in bed: With a geek, you can try out new ideas in the bedroom, like cosplay and comic fantasies.
19. A geek will be grateful to have you: In general, geeks don’t get a
lot of dates, so they are often much more appreciative of your
20. They’ll be impressed by your cooking: While some geeks are
excellent cooks, others are content to live on junk food. That means
when you cook for them, they will be totally impressed.
21. Geeks can be romantic: Although their idea of romantic date might
be a blog post professing their love, geeks will go to great lengths to
show they care.
22. There are lots of good ones out there: Geeks tend to not be very
active in the dating field, so there are plenty to choose from.
23. Geeks are easy to buy gifts for: It’s easy to know what a geek
wants-it’s on their Amazon wish list, or they’ve been openly obsessing
about it for months.
24. Geeks are easy to get ahold of: Geeks use multiple forms of
communication, including text, telephone, email, and social networking.
25. They’ll remember important dates: Most geeks are pretty organized
and have good memory skills, so they’ll never forget your anniversary
The Geek World
Here you’ll learn about some of the great things geek culture has to offer.
26. Your geek will introduce you to new things: If you’re not a
geek, dating one will open up a completely new world for you. Although
the geek world may seem strange, you just might find that there are
parts of it that interest you.
27. Won’t ever have to be athletic: If you’re not the active type, you
don’t have to worry about letting your geek down, because there’s a
good chance they’re not interested in athletics either.
28. Geeks can tell you about awesome movies: Your geek may not be
interested in the latest blockbuster unless it’s based on a comic book
or game, but they can introduce you to obscure and interesting movies.
Your geek may be better for your family and social life than you think. Here’s why.
29. Geeks aren’t concerned with social norms: Geeks don’t play a lot
of the silly social games that other people do, so they’re much easier
to deal with than regular people.
30. Their friends are nice: Geeks hang out with other geeks, so their friends will be just as sweet and polite as they are.
31. They don’t care if you have a weird family: Geeks are almost always
just a little weird, so they’ll lovingly accept your quirky family and
probably fit right in.
32. A geek will impress your family: Geeks show off for parents really
well, as they often have good jobs, manners, and smarts. It also helps
that they can help your mom ressurect her dead laptop and make an
awesome slideshow for your Grandma’s birthday.
Geek Personality Traits
These are some of the personality traits that geeks tend to exhibit, and why they’re great for those who are dating them.
33. Geeks are successful: Geeks don’t do anything halfway, so they tend to be very successful in their chosen field.
34. Geeks take care of themselves: Most geeks are careful to avoid drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol.
35. Geeks pay attention to detail: Your geek will remember all of the little things that you love and hate.
36. They are intelligent: Geeks are often well read and well educated,
so they are smart and can carry on an intelligent conversation.
37. They’re well informed: Geeks like to stay on top of news and current events, even if it’s just what they read on Digg.
38. Geeks have wonderful imaginations: Geeks are always finding new and creative activities, so you’ll never be bored.
39. They’re educated: As an educated person, your geek will have
something interesting and intelligent to talk about, whether you
actually understand it or not.
40. They have a lot going on inside their minds: Geeks have a huge internal world to tap into once you’re in their trust.
41. They respect grammar: Geeks tend to be perfectionists, and this habit extends to grammar.
42. Geeks are rich: Your geek is most likely employed in a well paying field like science and technology.
43. They’re not jerks: Although geeks have a lot to be proud of, they’re almost never full of themselves.
44. Good taste in food: Although some are content with Doritos and
Mountain Dew, lots of geeks are also foodies, so you’ll be treated to
delicious dishes, awesome microbrews, and sweet, sweet wine.
45. They make excellent parents: Your geek can tutor your kids and
share video game time with them. They also make excellent role models
46. Geeks are slow to judge: Geeks are often judged themselves, so you won’t find that they are quick to judge you.
47. Geeks are respectful: As intelligent people, geeks know well enough
to be polite and respectful, even if they don’t always understand
etiquette and social norms.
48. Geeks give a damn: Geeks just try harder and are more intense than regular people.
49. Geeks are straightforward: Playing games just isn’t logical, so you won’t generally find geeks playing mind games.
50. Geeks are good problem solvers: If you have a problem, your geek will work obsessively to help you fix things.